Placing an Order
1. Choose the Clothes
Clothes are organized by male, female, and gender neutral. Look through the models on the Collections page.
2. Choose a Type and a Size
The Type is either Digital Painting or Photo Edit.
- A Digital Painting is where I actually paint the pet's face onto the clothes you chose in step 2.
- A Photo Edit is where I use the photo you upload and color-correct it so that it blends with the outfit.
Choose the size you want for your portrait under the type of portrait you want, and the price is updated.
3. Upload your Photos
Here's a pretty important step. Below are some general rules of thumb for getting great photos of the thumbless:
- Well lit
- Taken at eye-level
4. Place your Order
Choose your preferred method of payment and complete the checkout process.
What Happens After You Place Your Order
1. Thank You Email and Receipt
You'll receive a confirmation email that'll serve as your receipt.
2. I Email a Draft
If you got a photo-edit, then I send the "final" portrait. But of course you can make changes. If you got a drawing, I send a photo-mockup that you can review before I start painting.
3. I Email Another Draft
If you have changes to the intial draft, then I'll send another draft. If you got the drawing option, then I'll send that draft for your approval.
4. You Approve and the Pet Lives on for Eternity
If it's a gift, you become a godlike giver of gifts. If you're commemorating a pet who currently resides at the proverbial "farm," this pet will live on forever. Either way, I'll probably share it on social media. And you should too.
What the Hell is a Digital Painting?
I offer returns on custom portraits only if I haven't started drawing it yet. For instance, if you place your order, realize that my work is crap and you deeply regret your decision, then just send me an email expressing your sudden distaste for my work, and I'll send you a refund (given that I've been laying around eating chips in my underwear, and not working on your order, which is likely).
Also, if you approve of the digital version but you don't like how the print came out (for instance, I overlooked a botched printing job), then you should send me a photo of what you think is botched, I'll send you a new print.
Multiple Pets in One Portrait
I used to offer this, but it really doesn't really work for the following reasons:
- Some portraits are in color and others are not.
- Lighting is different for different portraits, and your photos probably also have different lighting. This creates lighting chaos and I'm a PRO, so I cannot allow this.
- The styles can be different. Like, it would be weird to have a Victorian outfit with a Rolling Stones outfit. People used to order shit like that, and it was very difficult to make that look ok.
I would recommend ordering two or more smaller ones and hanging them side-by-side.
But I'm pretty reasonable. Sometimes it works really well. If you're dead set on it and this will make your life complete for a little while, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work something out.
Photo Edits are printed on photo paper, and Digital Paintings are printed on textured watercolor paper. All prints are made on acid-free paper with archival inks, so they won't fade over time.